Wednesday 1 December 2010

Art Progression

As some of you may know the pencil has been my preferred choice of medium since deciding to draw three years ago but progression is an artist's best friend and oil painting has started to become a real passion for me. I have drawn things from quirky animals and landscapes to the more serious narrative portraits, but this sudden use of colour has made the big kid side of me come out and the new cake subjects was the start of it all but now the new paintings and Ideas i have show my sense of humour and I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I spent the night setting up the new subject to photograph and I have to say it was a very fun and frustrating experience as I tried to get the items positioned in the way I had them looking in my head. and after several Hair clips, super glue, sellotape and blue tack balls later I managed to get a few new photographs I was happy with. It will be a while until I post any of them, but I am hoping in the next few weeks I will have at least three done.

I have attached my Drawing "Put your best Hoof forward" I was planning to do several of these quirky cow paintings but as I said earlier the painting has taken a hold of me so the drawings have been put on hold for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment