Sunday 13 July 2014

De-Warenne Academy school day

Hello everybody, It's been quite some time since I posted, but as I explained in my last post in February I have been working away on exhibition pieces since January and was only allowed to post a couple of pieces to demonstrate the kind of works you will get to see during my Solo show at Warwick studios this coming November.

I have been working frantically to get 12 brand new originals and study sketches done for the show and so far have completed 8 originals in 6 months....I'm currently working in my 9th but hoping by the end of July i'll have both the 9th and 10th finished.

July was also the month I got to spend the day with the wonderful kids at De-Warenne Academy School.
I was approached by the magazine, Pisces, that provide schools with art supplies, to see if I would be interested to be a prize for a competition they were going to run. The top prize was to win little old me for the day teaching them all things art.

I had such a wonderful day teaching the same class for the entire school day lots of different techniques in both drawing and painting and I was blown away by the standard of the students.









Now as i have mentioned I'm working towards the show in November and we have already started on the promotional aspect of the show firstly by getting my promo poster sorted,  I worked  with Digital artist Luke Bailey to produce a slick professional looking poster, so a big thank you to Luke. 


I also spent the day yesterday filming with film maker Sam Hudson, who is currently editing my first promo video which will reveal another one of the pieces for show as well as an insight into my art process and more importantly, my family. I realise that most of you may have seen small glimpses into my personal family life but this video will reveal more about me as a husband and father but don't worry there will be lots of art video footage in there too. 



Anyway i'd just like to say thank you for your patience with me especially the clients waiting for there commissions and all pieces will be revealed soon.....Promise. 










No comments:

Post a Comment