Sunday 14 July 2013

Gobstoppers and Candy Canes & Steven Gerrard Portrait

A few weeks ago I completed this latest original, and as you can see I decided to use sweets for the composition. After recently purchasing some ice cream sundae glasses I really wanted to include one of them in a painting, I played around with a few compositions until I eventually settled on this one as I thought it had great balance.


"Gobstoppers and Candy Canes"
36" x 20"
Oil on panel. 

SOLD

This piece was destined for Warwick Studios Gallery and once again they did an incredible job by selling it within a couple of days, I have also just completed a commission of Hotshots 2 for Warwick gallery. 

I have also planned to do another of the sport series and after finding a really great model I'm really excited to get started I have booked a photo shoot for reference shots this Thursday so I'm hoping for some great images then I can decide on what size panel with suit the composition best but all that will be guaranteed is that it will be BIG!

I have also just finished the Liverpool FC commemorative painting to celebrate England and Liverpool captain Steven Gerrards 100 caps with England and 600 appearances with Liverpool. 

I'll be meeting with Steven sometime in August If we can work around a date for both our schedules as he will be signing the piece, I've also been told that there are plans to do some limited edition prints that will be sold for the Christie Charity, I'm still unsure If the original will be up for auction but I will keep you all posted. 


Commissioned by Liverpool FC
Commemorative Steven Gerrard Portrait.
Oil on Panel. 






No comments:

Post a Comment