Saturday 4 June 2011

"you'll either LOVE it or HATE it"

The new painting has been completed, It is a simple still life of a Marmite jar and although its a simple composition Its what I wanted to make the piece striking.


"you'll either LOVE it or HATE it"
30" x 30"
Oil on Wooden Panel
 SOLD



I was a little worried at first about making the very dark jar have a black background but I actually found it worked really well and that the reflections of the jar hinted at the shape of the jar beautifully, the main reason for the dark background was so that the colourful label and lid would "pop" from the piece, which I feel It does. I also had some real difficulty panting the lettering, this is the first piece that has involved writing and it was VERY hard to get right but I'm pretty happy with the results.

Subject and painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment