Sunday 13 January 2013

Guinness replacement

Here is the latest original painting that is one of five commissions that I am to replace for Warwick Studios, for those of you that don't know Warwick studios have represented my work for the last two years and myself and David have worked closely with each other from day one but unfortunately in early 2012 a horrendous electrical fire ripped through the gallery destroying the gallery and everything in it including 9 of my original paintings. But David is made of strong stuff and was back trading in a new location by the end of 2012 and the commission paintings that were destroyed were re-ordered and so you will be seeing some familiar subject matter but in a very slight composition. 

Below is the replacement for the Guinness and Smoky bacon crisps commission


"Guinness and Smoky"
30" x 30"
Oil on Wooden panel

SOLD

I tried my very best to make this even better than the original image and I feel that it is a definite improvement to the first painting, the glass shape is more accurate and the colours add more depth, the first painting contained far to much black paint  but this was foolish of me as this then lacks depth, and so with this piece i constantly checked colours using techniques from the great artist Mark Carder were he uses his designed colour checker to match colour more accurately and I found far more umber browns and darker reds within the glass and I feel this has allowed my new painting to have more depth and a far more realism than in the original. 



No comments:

Post a Comment