Sunday 30 December 2012

New commission and Last dance ball

Well what a mad few weeks Its been. Firstly I finished the latest commission and secondly I was involved in the "Last dance" charity ball.

The commission was  discussed with the client for a Christmas present and the idea was to paint his parent's favourite drinks, these were Campari and orange and Tanquerey gin and soda and after three photo shoots for the painting composition we finally agreed on one we were both happy with and so i began. Now although it was one of my smaller sizes there was quite alot going on so I knew it was going to take a while

I have to admit I really did enjoy doing this piece even if it did take longer than hoped but the reflections and deep colours really kept me engaged I also worked on the background colour again instead of the black background I mixed ultramarine blue, burnt umber and paynes grey to get the dark background but with more depth to it. and thankfully they loved It.


Campari & Ten
18" x 18"
Oil on wooden panel

SOLD

I was also approached by a very lovely lady called Sue Kilshaw who asked If I would be willing to be a prize at the "last dance" charity event, where the auction would include a personal commission from me.
The event was being held at the very nice Midland hotel in Manchester where celebrity actors from British TV's Emmerdale and Coronation street would be, including the hosts Ryan Thomas and Adam Thomas

After a great meal Ryan introduced the auction,  I had to go and introduce myself and my work and so the auction began where many bids were made leaving three top bidders, eventually Ryan won the bid, but after a discussion I decided to sell two commissions to the two main bidders and so both won a commission painted by me

The Midland Hotel :- Above
And the Seated layout :-Left and Right
                                          



Me with Ryan Thomas AKA Jason Grimshaw from Coronation street after he won the winning bid for the personal commission painting by me. I'm also with Ryans brother Adam Thomas AKA Adam Barton from Emmerdale and actor Ian Puleston-Davies AKA Owen Armstrong from Coronation street.

There was also some AMAZING entertainment from the likes of actors Natalie Anderson, Scott Wright and Kym Marsh who blew everyone away with some amazing singing by all three.
                                     


Me with the Lovely Kym Marsh/Lomas




No comments:

Post a Comment