Thursday 13 October 2011

"My Mate Marmite"

The Latest painting was a repeat of a subject I had previously done before, ...the mighty Marmite jar.

The first painting of this series sold within 3 hours of being hung In the gallery and ever since there has been a demand for another one and with the small show approaching In November I'm trying to get as many pieces as I can and so I have been working on some smaller 24" x 24" and some 18" x 18" to go along side the larger 30" x 30 - 40" x 40" pieces.

In some ways I found this easier the second time but It brought back the memories of the the first painting "You'll either love it or hate It!" and I realised just how difficult this Label Is, Its all because of It being blocked colours and It requires several layers as I find White and Yellow the hardest to paint with as It doesn't take very well and requires those extra layers for a better coverage, I also painted a reflection In this piece and I found this odd to paint as Its a very blurred image to paint and I kept finding my self refining It then realising It needed knocking back and softening again, But the end result I am happy with and I'm getting excited for the Show.

"My Mate Marmite"
22" x24"
Oil on wooden panel

No comments:

Post a Comment